Study Abroad in Paris
While you don’t need us to tell you that Paris is the fashion capital of the world, we can show you how it earned and kept this title. Our CEA Fashion Studies in Paris program is designed to give you critical insight into the fashion industry in Paris and in Europe. Tour the luxury fashion district in Paris & some of its boutiques to learn how the experts leverage industry trends. Visit fashion & decorative arts museums with expert faculty to deepen your knowledge of fashion & art history. Analyze how digital marketing has transformed the fashion industry and how you communicate identity through what you wear. In this program you can choose to approach fashion from the perspective of business, art history, or communication studies, or a combination of these three angles. Additional elective courses focus on aspects of French culture and may fulfill a humanities or social science requirement. While French language skills are not required for this program you may enroll in a French-language course in order to more readily navigate the world’s fashion capital.
|Semester/Term||Eligibility Requirements||Rec. Semester Credits|
|Semester||2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of French||12-15|
|Early Start Sem.||2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of French||15-18|
EXPLORE THIS PROGRAM APPLY WITH CEA CAPA
Where You'll Study
Located in the heart of the vibrant Marais District, the CEA Paris Center offers small class sizes and a wide range of electives taught in English. Choose the courses that best align with your academic, career, and personal interests. Students will receive a transcript from the University of New Haven, CEA’s School of Record, upon completion of their program.
- Pre-Departure Advising
- 24/7 Onsite Emergency Assistance
- Excursions & Cultural Activities
- and more
- Bruges, Belgium
- Loire Valley Châteaux
- Avignon and Provence
- and more.
CEA CAPA has several ways to help you fund your program, including scholarships, grants, and flight credits. Find out more about what we have to offer.Learn more about funding
Pace's Partner Application Process:
Steps to Study Abroad Pace (May2022)
Pace's Study Abroad Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 20
CEA Fashion Studies in Paris is a new program for Pace (as of August 2023), so there are no pre-approved courses from previous Pace students. Therefore, you will need to seek approval for all CEA courses from your Pace Academic Advisor and a Pace Department Chair. This takes time so please start the course approval process early and read about the process of obtaining Pace academic credit for courses taken abroad
Pace resources for you:
- Study Abroad FAQs: If you have more questions about studying abroad while at Pace, review these Pace study abroad FAQs.
- Pace study abroad FAQs: If you have more questions about academics related to study abroad, review these Pace FAQs.
- Financial FAQs: If you have more questions about the cost of study abroad, financial aid, and scholarships, review these Pace FAQs.
- Pace tuition and fees, including a $100 Study Abroad Fee are billed to the student account.
- Room charges are the responsibility of the student and are paid directly to the host institution.
- Out-of-pocket expenses (airfare, meals, local transportation, etc.) are the responsibility of the student.
- All federal and state financial aid apply during the semester abroad. Up to $12,500 of institutional financial aid (Pace scholarships/grants) applies to the semester abroad. (Portability of Pace institutional aid is limited to 2 semesters, and Pace tuition remission does not apply.)
ENSURE YOU ENROLL IN ENOUGH CREDITS DURING YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD!!
A minimum of 12 U.S. credits is required during a semester abroad, however we highly recommend 15 U.S. credits to act as a cushion due to any unforeseen events.
HEALTH & SAFETY
(as of May2022)
While we encourage you to move forward with your study abroad planning, please read this important information about COVID-19:
- The global situation regarding COVID-19 ever changing. While Pace Study Abroad is still processing applications, it is unclear what the state of the pandemic will be in the next few months in countries abroad, or what U.S. or foreign government policies will be. Pace's decision-making is always guided by what we believe is in the best interest of our students’ health and safety, balanced with the students’ educational goals and opportunities.
- Program participants are permitted to proceed with their plans to study abroad with the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Any financial loss incurred because of program cancellation, travel, or health issues related to COVID-19 will not be reimbursed by Pace.
- Discuss your plans with your family to determine your personal comfort level with international travel this summer.
- Due to the changing nature of COVID-19 and foreign immigration laws, the foreign institution/program provider could decide to cancel completely or move the study abroad program to a fully virtual format with short notice - without providing reimbursement.
- Foreign entry requirements can change at the last minute. Policies that may currently permit the entry of U.S. passport holders for the purpose of study abroad could be changed without notice due to the COVID pandemic.
- You will probably be required to show proof of a negative COVID test and/or proof of COVID vaccinations at immigration on arrival at your host country abroad. The costs of all such COVID tests are your responsibility. Proof of COVID vaccination may be imposed by host country governments/airlines for entry into the host country at the last minute.
- Many airlines currently require proof of a negative COVID test. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can obtain such a test and cover the costs.
- U.S. passport holders may be required to quarantine upon entry into the host country in advance of the program start date. This quarantine may or may not be permitted to occur in housing through the foreign university/program provider.
- It's your responsibility to consult directly with the foreign institution regarding COVID -19 quarantine requirements and associated costs. Note: costs associated with quarantine are not covered by federal financial aid.
- We strongly suggest that you purchase fully refundable airline tickets and/or trip cancellation insurance ("cancel for any reason" coverage) and ensure that the policy covers cancellation due to pandemic. (Pace assumes no responsibility for losses or penalties due to program cancellation or student withdrawal.)
- Pace strongly advises that students purchase their own medical/emergency/travel insurance that will cover them during the duration of their time abroad, and students will receive some recommended insurance policies from Pace to consider.
- You will be required to follow all COVID-related laws and protocols in your host country abroad as well as those outlined by your host institution.
- Returning to the USA after your program
- Proof of a negative COVID test no more than 3 days prior to the return flight is currently required to re-enter the U.S.
- Travel restrictions may change while you're abroad, prohibiting students from returning to the U.S.
- There may be a need to self-isolate upon your return to the U.S.
We will keep you updated, and it’s important that you stay in close contact with us and check your emails.
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org