Study Abroad in Barcelona
Harness your entrepreneurial spirit in a city that is home to numerous start-up companies, is identified as the main tech city in southern Europe, and ranks among the top 10 European cities for digital entrepreneurship – Barcelona. Through curriculum at CEA, you will gain many of the skills and concepts needed to become a successful entrepreneur – design thinking, business planning, financial planning, negotiation, marketing, leadership, ethics and more. More importantly, CEA courses provide you with hands-on opportunities to interact with and learn from the local business community, particularly those leading local and global start-ups. If you’re feeling extra motivated, you can add a professional internship with an entrepreneurial-focused placement. Courses are taught in English, but Spanish language courses are available for every level of ability.
|Semester/Term||Eligibility Requirements||Rec. Semester Credits|
|Semester||2.75 Min GPA; 1 semester of college completed; All levels of Spanish||12-16|
|Summer Study Only||2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of Spanish||3-12|
|Summer Study + Internship||2.75 Min GPA; Completed one year of college prior to application; All levels of Spanish, although absolute beginners are discouraged||6|
EXPLORE THIS PROGRAM APPLY WITH CEA
Where You'll Study
Located on the Plaza Catalunya in the heart of the city, the CEA Barcelona Center offers courses in a range of subjects, taught in English and Spanish. Learning takes place both in and out of the classroom, with instructors taking full advantage of Barcelona’s many notable sites and attractions. The University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia, an independent, state-supported institution, is known for its commitment to the region’s economic and social development, as well as a focus on multi-lingual training. The campus is just a short metro ride from the CEA Barcelona Center. Students attending the summer program receive a transcript from the University of New Haven, CEA's School of Record, upon completion of the program. Students attending the semester program receive a transcript from University of New Haven and University of Vic upon completion of the program.
- Pre-Departure Advising
- Airport Pickup
- 24/7 Onsite Emergency Assistance
- Excursions & Cultural Activities
- and more
- Girona & Besalú
- Penedès Wine Country
- and more.
CEA has several ways to help you fund your program, including scholarships, grants, and vouchers. Find out more about what we have to offer.Learn more about funding
Pace's Partner Program Application Process:
Partner Programs Application Process. Aug. 2020.docx
Pace's Study Abroad Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 22
Click the above link to see the courses that have been approved for Pace students who previously studied abroad on this CEA Barcelona Entrepreneurship program.
- Pace recommends that you try to select courses from this Pre-approved Courses list because these CEA Barcelona program courses have already been reviewed and approved by Pace Department Chairs. If you select courses from this list, you’ll only need to receive approval from your Pace Academic Advisor for those courses - which will make the process of receiving Pace academic credit for your semester abroad much easier.
- However, if the pre-approved courses listed don’t fit with your interests/academic plans and you chose a course that’s NOT on the pre-approved list, you’ll need to seek approval from a Pace Department Chair.
- Be sure to check with CEA's current course catalog (and Pace’s current course catalog) because some courses listed on the link above may no longer be offered on this CEA Barcelona program or are only available during one of the terms (Fall or Spring).
- Note: This is a new program for Pace in 2021; if there no (or few) courses listed, it means you are one of the first students to participate on this program.
- Read more about the process of obtaining Pace academic credit for courses taken abroad
Pace resources for you:
- Study Abroad FAQs: If you have more questions about studying abroad while at Pace, review these Pace study abroad FAQs.
- Academic FAQs: If you have more questions about academics related to study abroad, review these Pace FAQs.
- Financial FAQs: If you have more questions about the cost of study abroad, financial aid, and scholarships, review these Pace FAQs.
ENSURE YOU ENROLL IN ENOUGH CREDITS DURING YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD!!
A minimum of 12 U.S. credits is required during a semester abroad.
Due to the uncertainties related to COVID-19 and travel abroad, please remember that you should NOT purchase flights for your program (or make any non-refundable deposits connected with travel/study abroad) until told to do so by the Education Abroad office.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|