Study Abroad in Barcelona
The CEA Barcelona Center’s diverse curriculum allows you to choose the liberal arts and social sciences courses that best meet your interests. Elective courses are taught in English or Spanish, making this program appropriate for all levels of Spanish language ability. Your courses allow you to gain insight into the history and society of Spain through active engagement with the host city and its people, institutions, and culture. Instructors use the city of Barcelona as an extended classroom, encouraging you to draw connections between your personal observations and the related topics addressed in class. You may also enroll in the optional Global Career Development Seminar, an ideal way to focus on future career success.
|Semester/Term||Eligibility Requirements||Rec. Semester Credits|
|Semester||2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of Spanish||12-16|
|Year||2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of Spanish||24-32|
EXPLORE THIS PROGRAM APPLY WITH CEA
Where You'll Study
The CEA Barcelona Center, located on the Plaza Catalunya in the heart of the city, offers courses in a range of subjects, taught in English and Spanish. Learning takes place both in and out of the classroom, with instructors taking full advantage of Barcelona’s many notable sites and attractions. Students will receive a transcript from the University of New Haven, CEA’s School of Record, upon completion of their program.
- Pre-Departure Advising
- Airport Pickup
- 24/7 Onsite Emergency Assistance
- Excursions & Cultural Activities
- and more
- Girona & Besalú
- Penedès Wine Country
- and more.
CEA has several ways to help you fund your program, including scholarships, grants, and vouchers. Find out more about what we have to offer.Learn more about funding
Pace's Partner Program Application Process:
Partner Programs Application Process. Aug. 2020.docx
Pace's Study Abroad Application Deadline:
- Fall Semester: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 22
Click the above link to see the courses that have been approved for Pace students who previously studied abroad on this CEA Barcelona Liberal Arts program.
- Pace recommends that you try to select courses from this Pre-approved Courses list because these CEA Barcelona program courses have already been reviewed and approved by Pace Department Chairs. If you select courses from this list, you’ll only need to receive approval from your Pace Academic Advisor for those courses - which will make the process of receiving Pace academic credit for your semester abroad much easier.
- However, if the pre-approved courses listed don’t fit with your interests/academic plans and you chose a course that’s NOT on the pre-approved list, you’ll need to seek approval from a Pace Department Chair, which could take some time.
- Be sure to check with CEA's current course catalog (and Pace’s current course catalog) because some courses listed on the link above may no longer be offered on this CEA Barcelona program or are only available during one of the terms (Fall or Spring).
- Read more about the process of obtaining Pace academic credit for courses taken abroad
Pace resources for you:
- Study Abroad FAQs: If you have more questions about studying abroad while at Pace, review these Pace study abroad FAQs.
- Academic FAQs: If you have more questions about academics related to study abroad, review these Pace FAQs.
- Financial FAQs: If you have more questions about the cost of study abroad, financial aid, and scholarships, review these Pace FAQs.
ENSURE YOU ENROLL IN ENOUGH CREDITS DURING YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD!!
A minimum of 12 U.S. credits is required during a semester abroad.
Due to the uncertainties related to COVID-19 and travel abroad, please remember that you should NOT purchase flights for your program (or make any non-refundable deposits connected with travel/study abroad) until told to do so by the Education Abroad office.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|