Study Abroad at Korea University, Seoul with TEAN
- Benefit from the unique experience of studying at one of Asia’s top universities, Korea University, taking classes alongside both Korean and fellow international students
- Live on-campus in Korea University's international student dorms (twin-share) or choose off-campus student accommodation (single rooms) walking distance to campus
- More than 40% of the courses taught at Korea University are taught in English, so you can be sure that you’ll have plenty of options in order to stay on track for graduation
- Live in Seoul, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place that combines cutting-edge technology, nature and ancient history like no other
- Participate in TEAN’s exclusive on-site orientation in Seoul. You’ll get to know the city, learn about Korea’s rich history, and have an adventure or two all while getting adjusted to your new home
- Appreciate access to TEAN’s Seoul Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul is great for those who want:
- a unique mix of city life and nearby nature, history and modernity
- to be fully immersed in another culture both on campus and in the community
- diverse course offerings (in English) taken with local students
- to boost their Korean language skills
- to experience Korea's famous K-pop, K-drama, skincare and cuisine
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) – established in 1995 – are study abroad and intern specialists in the Asia Pacific region with semester and summer programs available in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, China and Japan.
Visit the TEAN Website to learn more or Apply Now with TEAN
Pace's Partner Program Application Process:
Pace Partner Programs Application Process March 2021.pdf
Pace Study Abroad's Application Deadlines:
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: October 15
Click the above link to see the courses that have been approved for Pace students who previously studied abroad on the TEAN Korea University program.
- Pace recommends that you try to select some courses from this Pre-approved Courses list because these TEAN Korea courses have already been reviewed and approved by Pace Department Chairs. If you select courses from this list, you’ll only need to receive approval from your Pace Academic Advisor for those courses - which will make the process of receiving Pace academic credit for your semester abroad much easier.
- However, if the pre-approved courses listed don’t fit with your interests/academic plans and you chose a course that’s NOT on the pre-approved list, you’ll need to seek approval from a Pace Department Chair, which could take some time.
- Be sure to check with TEAN Korea's current course catalog (and Pace’s current course catalog) because some courses listed on the link above may no longer be offered at TEAN Korea or are only available during one of the terms (Fall or Spring).
- Read more about the process of obtaining Pace academic credit for courses taken abroad
Pace resources for you:
ENSURE YOU ENROLL IN ENOUGH CREDITS DURING YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD!!
- Pace Study Abroad FAQs: If you have more questions about studying abroad after reviewing all the tabs on this Terra Dotta brochure, review these Pace study abroad FAQs.
- Academic FAQs: If you have more questions about academics related to study abroad, review these Pace FAQs.
- Financial FAQs: If you have more questions about the cost of study abroad, financial aid, and scholarships, review these Pace FAQs.
- Pace tuition and Fees, including a $100 Study Abroad Fee are billed to the student account.
- Room charges are the responsibility of the student and are paid directly to the host institution.
- Out-of-pocket expenses (airfare, meals, local transportation, etc.) are the responsibility of the student.
- All federal and state financial aid apply during the semester abroad. Up to $12,500 of institutional financial aid (Pace scholarships/grants) applies to the semester abroad. (Portability of Pace institutional aid is limited to 2 semesters, and Pace tuition remission does not apply.)
A minimum of 12 U.S. credits is required during a semester abroad.
Due to the uncertainties related to COVID-19 and travel abroad, please remember that you should NOT purchase flights for your program (or make any non-refundable deposits connected with travel/study abroad) until told to do so by the Education Abroad office.