Study Abroad in Buenos Aires
Choose from a range of liberal arts and social sciences courses in subjects like business, communication, and social studies. Learn more about Argentine culture through hands-on experiences. Hone your Spanish language skills. Designed for all levels of Spanish language ability, this versatile program allows you to choose electives, taught in English and Spanish that mesh with your interests. In the semester, arrive two weeks early for the Early Start option and hone your Spanish proficiency. If you’ve ever dreamed of exploring the region’s history, culture, and politics in an interactive academic setting, then this program is for you.
|Semester/Term||Eligibility Requirements||Rec. Semester Credits|
|Semester||2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of Spanish||12-15|
|Early Start Sem.|| 2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of Spanish
|Summer||2.5 Min GPA; High School Graduate; All levels of Spanish||3-6|
EXPLORE THIS PROGRAM APPLY WITH CEA
Where You'll Study
The CEA Buenos Aires Center turns the city into your classroom. Choose courses in liberal arts, social sciences, and international business, taught in English and Spanish, and designed to take advantage of the city’s rich history, culture, and political environment. Enjoy courses that best meet your academic, personal, and career interests as you explore all the city offers. Students will receive a transcript from the University of New Haven, CEA’s School of Record upon completion of their program.
- Pre-Departure Advising
- Airport Pickup
- 24/7 Onsite Emergency Assistance
- Excursions & Cultural Activities
- and more
- Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
- and more.
CEA has several ways to help you fund your program, including scholarships, grants, and vouchers. Find out more about what we have to offer.Learn more about funding
Pace's Application Process:
STEPS TO STUDY ABROAD (May2022)
Pace's Application Deadlines:
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: October 15
NOTE: Pace students are not eligible for the CEA promotion offering a flight voucher worth up to $1,000 USD.
ENSURE YOU ENROLL IN ENOUGH CREDITS DURING YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD!!
A minimum of 12 U.S. credits is required during a semester abroad because if you enroll in fewer than 12 U.S. credits you will lose your financial aid. However, it is strongly recommended that you take approximately 15 U.S. credits so that you are not at risk of losing financial aid in case of any unforseen changes that reduce your course load below 12 U.S. credits.
Click the above link to see the courses that have been approved for Pace students who previously studied abroad on this CEA Argentina Liberal Arts program.
- Pace recommends that you try to select courses from this Pre-approved Courses list because these CEA Argentina program courses have already been reviewed and approved by Pace Department Chairs. If you select courses from this list, you’ll only need to receive approval from your Pace Academic Advisor for those courses - which will make the process of receiving Pace academic credit for your semester abroad much easier.
- However, if the pre-approved courses listed don’t fit with your interests/academic plans and you chose a course that’s NOT on the pre-approved list, you’ll need to seek approval from a Pace Department Chair.
- Be sure to check with CEA's current course catalog (and Pace’s current course catalog) because some courses listed on the link above may no longer be offered on this CEA Argentina program or are only available during one of the terms (Fall or Spring).
- Note: This is a new program for Pace in 2020; if there no (or few) courses listed, it means you are one of the first students to participate on this program.
- Read more about the process of obtaining Pace academic credit for courses taken abroad
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2023||11/15/2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.