Study Abroad in Barcelona
Hone your international business knowledge in the bustling city of Barcelona! This versatile program allows you to choose from a range of business electives at Pompeu Fabra University (UPF). Pace students are not eligible for courses at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Complete your experience with CEA Barcelona Center electives that take full advantage of the Center's location in the heart of the city and allow you to delve into Spanish culture, history, and society. Classes are taught in English and Spanish for all levels of Spanish language ability.
|Semester/Term||Eligibility Requirements||Rec. Semester Credits|
|Semester CEA/UPF Hybrid||3.0 Min GPA; 2 years of college completed; All levels of Spanish||12-15|
|Year CEA/UPF Hybrid||3.0 Min GPA; 2 years of college completed; All levels of Spanish||24-30|
EXPLORE THIS PROGRAM APPLY WITH CEA CAPA
Where You'll Study
Students take classes at the CEA Barcelona Center and one of CEA's partner institutions - Pompeu Fabra University. The CEA Barcelona Center, located on the Plaza Catalunya in the heart of the city, offers courses in a range of subjects, taught in English and Spanish. Learning takes place both in and out of the classroom, with instructors taking full advantage of Barcelona’s many notable sites and attractions. Pompeu Fabra University's six central Barcelona campuses offer a range of courses taught in English and Spanish as well as the opportunity to take courses with Spaniards for a truly integrated experience. Students receive a transcript from the University of New Haven, CEA’s School of Record, and Pompeu Fabra University upon completion of their program. Pace students are not eligible for courses at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB).
- Pre-Departure Advising
- 24/7 Onsite Emergency Assistance
- Excursions & Cultural Activities
- and more
- Girona & Besalú
- Penedès Wine Country
- and more.
CEA CAPA has several ways to help you fund your program, including scholarships, grants, and flight credits. Find out more about what we have to offer.Learn more about funding
Pace's Partner Application Process:
STEPS TO STUDY ABROAD
Pace's Study Abroad Application Deadlines:
- Fall Semester: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 20
FIND CEA ACADEMIC COURSES HERE: CEA International Business Course Catalogue
ENSURE YOU ENROLL IN ENOUGH CREDITS DURING YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD!!
A minimum of 12 U.S. credits is required during a semester abroad to maintain full-time status, defined as being enrolled in 12-18 U.S. credits per semester. However, we STRONGLY recommend that you take the equivalent of 15 U.S. credits abroad because:
- Any unforeseen changes to your schedule abroad could reduce your course load below 12 U.S. credits (e.g., canceled classes or a change in your class choices)
- Pace students must have full-time status to receive financial aid. If you are eligible for financial aid but enroll in fewer than 12 U.S. credits, you will lose your financial aid. Taking 15 U.S. credits abroad acts as a cushion so you’re not at risk of losing financial aid in case of any unforeseen changes.
Click the above link to see the courses that have been approved for Pace students who previously studied abroad on this CEA Barcelona International Business program.
- Pace recommends that you try to select courses from this Pre-approved Courses list because these CEA Barcelona program courses have already been reviewed and approved by Pace Department Chairs. If you select courses from this list, you’ll only need to receive approval from your Pace Academic Advisor for those courses - which will make the process of receiving Pace academic credit for your semester abroad much easier.
- However, if the pre-approved courses listed don’t fit with your interests/academic plans and you chose a course that’s NOT on the pre-approved list, you’ll need to seek approval from a Pace Department Chair, which could take some time.
- Be sure to check with CEA's current course catalog (and Pace’s current course catalog) because some courses listed on the link above may no longer be offered on this CEA Barcelona program or are only available during one of the terms (Fall or Spring).
- Read more about the process of obtaining Pace academic credit for courses taken abroad
Pace resources for you:
- Study Abroad FAQs: If you have more questions about studying abroad while at Pace, review these Pace study abroad FAQs.
- Pace study abroad FAQs: If you have more questions about academics related to study abroad, review these Pace FAQs.
- Financial FAQs: If you have more questions about the cost of study abroad, financial aid, and scholarships, review these Pace FAQs.
- Pace tuition and Fees, including a $100 Study Abroad Fee are billed to the student account.
- Room charges are the responsibility of the student and are paid directly to the host institution.
- Out-of-pocket expenses (airfare, meals, local transportation, etc.) are the responsibility of the student.
- All federal and state financial aid apply during the semester abroad. Up to $12,500 of institutional financial aid (Pace scholarships/grants) applies to the semester abroad. (Portability of Pace institutional aid is limited to 2 semesters, and Pace tuition remission does not apply.)
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed